[X-Newbies] Re: Inappropriate for this list (was: X-Newbies)

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sat Nov 4 18:55:08 PST 2006

> From: Leah Aronoff <laronoff at fuse.net>
>
> Boy!  None of this sounds like Newbies talk to me.  It is
> incomprehensible to me.  I'm a real basic Newbie, who worries about
> things like how external drives work as backups, and which is best to
> use, and how much do they cost, and stuff like that. . . . Leah

I have to agree with Leah. This discussion is WHOLLY inappropriate to
the X-Newbies list and should really be taken to private email.

I'm not the list mom, but I signed up here because I wanted to help
people who had NEWBIE type questions, and to learn FROM newbies about
how they view and work with the Mac so that we can all benefit.

This UNIX drivel is meaningless to 99% of the list and esoteric in
the extreme to boot.

Take it elsewhere, please. And next time, try to remember which list
you're posting to.

Cheers
Chas