[X-Newbies] Appleworks not responding

Keith Mills 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 3 03:10:55 PDT 2006

Thank you to everybody who came up with solutions; I am grateful. I
tried to follow your instructions and can now use Appleworks again, but
not without some heartache, and probably not as you all anticipated.

Perhaps there are some of us who just shouldn't be allowed into the
21st Century!

The current situation.
1. I now have two Appleworks 6 symbols on the dock; the orginal and a
much larger (?older style) version.
2. When I start up in the morning, I cannot go straight into a document
(letter/data-base); all I get is the spinning beachball. The only way
out is to Force Quit
3. Each morning, I have to start a document with the larger, newcomer
Appleworks symbol; then save/discard, whatever. Then I can use all my
Appleworks documents as normal - until the next time I switch off and
restart; when I have to do the same thing again!
And one other thing. If I use spell-check, the document quits and I
have to get going again as in 3. above.

Any ideas?
Thank you
Keith