[X-Newbies] CanoScan Lide 70 og OS X.

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 08:42:37 PST 2007

On 2/2/07, Kirk McElhearn <kirklists at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2007, at 5:21 PM, Brian Durant wrote:
> > I don't think those processes are working on my system as the buttons
> > neither work with the button manager running or not. I am not very
> > impressed with the way the software installs things. The installer
> > seems to function like a virtual shotgun, spraying bits and bobs all
> > over the place.
>
> Yeah, their installers have always been bad.
>
> Have a look in the installer disk image - there's a folder called
> IntoCFMSupport_Login. I'm not sure which of those you need for the
> LIDE 70 (my disk image has two items), but you need to manually place
> them in /Library/CFMSupport, then find the right one to add to your
> login items in the Account prefs. (You might want to try running the
> installer again, because there's other stuff that needs to go there
> and in other locations. Each folder is labeled, so it's not too hard.)
>

> Kirk
>            Author of: The Mac OS X Command Line: Unix Under the Hood
>                       http://www.mcelhearn.com/unix.html
>                 -        -        -        -        -        -
>               Read my blog: Kirkville -- http://www.mcelhearn.com
>            Musings, Opinion and Miscellanea, on Macs, iPods and more

I have "BJExtDDI.cfm" in my /Library/CFMSupport folder. I assume this
is the correct one. "BJExtDDI.cfm" is listed as a Cold Fusion markup
file. Interestingly, it is listed as "belonging" to TextWrangler.
Maybe this is the problem. I think that if I added this to login items
at startup, the only thing that will happen is that TextWrangler will
open the file. How do I change this and what do I change it to?

Cheers,

Brian