[X-Newbies]

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Sun Jun 24 08:51:52 PDT 2007

On Sunday 24 June 2007 17:36, Kurt Streeter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm running a Dual Core 2GHz 17" iMac, and have the 160GB master
> drive in two partitions (60GB for OSX 10.4.10 and 100GB which was
> originally used for Windows XP via BootCamp). I have since decided
> not to run XP on this machine, and want to format the partition to be
> used for file storage, etc.
>
> My problem is that Disk Utility is not recognizing the drive as
> formattable (presumably because it was formatted as a FAT32 partition
> by BootCamp). Please let me know how I get my system to format the
> partition as a Mac based (usable) drive.
>
> Looking forward to your response.
>
> Cheers,
> Kurt

Hi Kurt,

I think I came across something like that in another situation. In the Disk
utility there should be somewhere an option to choose between a PC partition
table (what you probably have on that disk) and a Mac partition table. You
should change to the Mac style to be able to use it with Mac OS.

Thierry