[X-Newbies] Deleting from server in Leopard Mail

Thomas McDermott Jr tjm at pobox.com
Tue Oct 30 17:54:51 PDT 2007

Good evening,
    I was wondering if someone could help me out with an issue I am
having in Mail.  Since upgrading to Leopard I decided to give Mail a
shot since people I trust have raved about it...previously used Eudora
and Thunderbird.  With those programs I was able to check my mail on my
laptop and leave messages on the server until I got home to my main
machine.  The key, though, was the ability to delete unwanted messages
right then so when I got home those messages were no longer on the
server.  I have played with the different settings in Mail..specifically
in Advanced I have checked to remove messages from server when removed
from my inbox.  I delete messages and then go to retrieve new messages
hoping it would removed those marked for deletion.  The only time I am
able to completely remove mail is be clicking on remove now...but it
removes all messages.  Is this even possible to do in Mail?

Thanks for your time

Tom