[X-Newbies] Help please!

Keith Mills 4.oiseaux at wanadoo.fr
Wed Feb 9 02:01:36 PST 2011

Hello eveybody. This is your perennial Newbie in a panic!

I have a Macbook 13" OS 10.6.6

Last night I tried to shut down as usual, but it seems that there was a
document open and the screen behaved strangely. I thought no more about
it until this morning when I tried to switch on. Nothing.

Looking closely, I can see that the document (very, very faint) is
still there. I wondered whether the battery was down because it had
been on all night. But now it seems to be fully charged. I can just see
the screen instructions. I have tried Shut Down, Restart, Force Quit
etc. Nothing works.

I can hardly see the screen it is so faint. Has anyone any suggestions
please?
I am lost without it it for my work. I am writing this on my old iMac
which cannot open many of the documents I need to use.

Many thanks in advance,

Keith Mills