OSX 10.3.2 [code=CANT_CONNECT_LOOPBACK]

Jon Bennett flashcoder at jben.net
Thu Dec 18 05:58:29 PST 2003

Hi,

I've just updated Mac 10.3.1 to 10.3.2 via software update, restarted
etc etc and now when I try to access the site I'm developing locally I
get a Server 500:

[code=CANT_CONNECT_LOOPBACK] Cannot connect due to potential loopback
problems

It happened a few weeks ago in IE5, but not in Safari and if I put
localhost instead of 127.0.0.1 in IE it worked fine. I've tried
restarting Apache and I've tried all possible host names, anyone ever
come accross this before and know what I should look in to fix ???
There's nothing in my error logs and I haven't changed anything in my
httpd.conf and wouldn't imagine the update has.

Thanks,

Jon

jon bennett  |  jon at jben.net
new media creative

J   b   e   n   .   n   e   t

91 Gloucester Rd,  Trowbridge,  Wilts,  BA14 0AD
t: +44 (0) 1225 341039 w: http://www.jben.net/