[X Servers] NetBoot Reimaging

Chris Long clong at lib.drury.edu
Wed Feb 19 07:11:38 PST 2003

We have started to use NetBoot just a bit in one of our labs.
Hopefully the pending release of Quark 6 will allow us to move closer
to that.  NetBoot works well for booting directly from a Mac OS X
Server.  Updating the image seems to be the only step that is a bit
rough.  However, if you are wanting to copy the data to the drive of a
different computer, NetInstall or NetRestore would probably be the path
you would want.  I haven't checked into these much, but I know there is
an in-depth discussion available via Quicktime at

http://www.macosxlabs.org/webcasts/index.html

Chris