[X-Unix] Maintaining SSH connections *or* elegant management of multiple SMTP

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Sat Apr 3 08:54:05 PST 2004

Have you looked at Postfix Enabler? It provides a very nice way to turn
on Postfix on your Mac and use it as your smtp server as well as
setting up pop or imap access. You might want to set this up on your
home machine with smtp authorization and ssl access (both configurable
with Postfix Enabler). Using ssl, you would avoid having to keep a
tunnel up and running, I think. Read the supporting documentation for
the program. Also O'Reilly has a nice book out on Postfix and there are
a total of 4 books on postfix at Amazon listed as of today.

Norm
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"Don't you wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the
intelligence? There's one marked 'Brightness,' but it doesn't work."
Gallagher