[X-Unix] What's in an MP3's resource fork..? [Was: Re: [X4U] ._annoying_files on SMB shares - can I remove them..?]

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Thu Apr 22 14:04:50 PDT 2004

On Thursday, Apr 22, 2004, at 16:24 Canada/Eastern, Eugene Lee wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 03:30:53PM -0400, Alex wrote:
> :
> : On Thursday, Apr 22, 2004, at 14:38 Canada/Eastern, Eugene Lee wrote:
> :
> : >On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:17:38PM -0400, Alex wrote:
> : >
> : >: [...]  I don't like or understand
> : >: Schoenberg or Alban Berg, but that doesn't mean they're no good.
> : >
> : >Resource forks are not transparent to the user[...]
> :
> : And that is going to help me persuade my musicologist friend that
> : "Erwartung" is crap -- how, exactly?
>
> I did not say resource forks are junk.

No, what you said had merely nothing to do with what you quoted. If
expecting a connection between what you quote and what you say is
irrational, I plead guilty.

> While they have their pros,
> they also have their cons.  Without much judgement on my part, I simply
> provided several examples that support the cons.

...Which amount to the same thing, that they are not understood by
other OSs. Whether valid or not, it's been already said.

> If you want to discuss this issue in a rational manner, please take
> this thread to the X4U list.

Since you seem to be more interested in this than I, please feel free
to take it (rationally or otherwise) wherever you wish.