[X-Unix] mail -- removing messages

Eugene Lee list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Thu Aug 12 15:36:34 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 12:49:46PM -0500, Craig Hoffman wrote:
:
: I open up the terminal and I get a message "You have mail".  Ok, great.
: I type "mail" and the new messages show up.  The messages are from a
: search engine app I use.  There nothing important and I would like to
: delete them.   I typed "?" for help and it said the use the "d" flag.
: I am doing something wrong because they are not being deleted. Can
: someone show me the proper syntax on how to delete them?
:
: d <message list>                delete messages

To delete all messages:

	d *

--
Eugene Lee