[X-Unix] nevermind, figured it out ;) (re: simple commandline one-shot emailer)

Norman Cohen nacohen at mac.com
Tue Feb 3 10:57:45 PST 2004

I agree that the dynamic dns services are pretty easy to set up and
would probably work well for the stated purpose.

I did set up a dyndns account and enabled postfix on my notebook. I was
happily sending mail using this setup, skipping using the .mac smtp
server, until I started getting bounced messages from aol and at least
one other service provider. They have their mail servers set up to
refuse mail from a dynamically assigned host-name. I imagine that I
could go to dyndns and pay for a higher level of service that will
appropriately register my e-mail server with the internet, but that
seems like overkill for what I want to do. So I recently went back to
using smtp.mac.com for mail delivery, just in time for their service
outage yesterday :-(

Norm
Norman Cohen
nacohen at mac.com

"There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there
are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence,
transform a yellow spot into the sun."
Pablo Picasso