[X-Unix] No multiuser afp?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Feb 13 06:35:51 PST 2004

At 01:21 -0600 2/13/04, luke wrote:
>use the Finder to Connect a remote Volume with two different volumes and two different users at the same time...
>
>is there a reason why this won't work?

I suspect paranoia about security at Apple.

I did try, and am still using, the mount_afp shell tool and it doesn't do the trick even as a startup application for the startup user.

It has been suggested that I try it in a login hook but I haven't got that far. There is also a system startup list but that has to be populated with packages that contain contents directories and the like. Even there, the slightest glitch in the external interconnecting system could require a reboot.

It appears that, in the NeXT - er, Apple -  world, machines don't connect to machines; users connect to servers.

--
--> If  it's not  on  fire  it's  a  software  problem. <--