[X-Unix] Restarting AppleFileServer

luke etyrnal at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 25 18:32:33 PST 2004

On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 11:55  PM, SeaSoft Systems wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> For some reason, the sudo terminal command didn't restart the service
> OMM. However, SystemPrefs did the job. Doh! (smacks forehead...)
>
> Richard

No prob!

I wonder why your file server won't start that way...

if mine didn't i'd be outa luck many times...

the only reason i know about the terminal command is because, sometimes
i am not home when my machine mysteriously decides to turn it's
AppleFileServer off..

so then the only way for me to still be able to access my machine
remotely becomes ssh...

so i just ssh to the machine remotely and the restart the
AppleFileServer via the sudo AppleFileServer command...

maybe on your machine AppleFileServer is not in your enviromnent
path... ?

or you may have to first run top, find out if it is already running and
kill it first - THEN sudo start it again...

oh well - good luck i am glad it worked out for ya...

              __       http://etyrnal.no-ip.com         .__