Hidden files - purpose?

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Tue Jan 20 11:20:54 PST 2004

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Dreamweaver connecting to MySQL database on my computer. I've just found out that Macromedia is using some 'hidden file' so as to enable a connection for those times when a connection might not otherwise be allowed <http://www.dreamweavermxsupport.com/index.php?type=article&id=85&block=1&pid=60&sid=61>

Is this appropriate? Is there any proper use of a hidden file like this?

To fix my problem, is there any easy way to determine what the name of this hidden file might be?

--
Robert Ameeti

If I throw a stick, will you leave?