[X-Unix] How to set up initial xterm defaults (or what do you use as a xterm on the Mac)

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpalaciosp at eml.cc
Mon May 3 17:17:59 PDT 2004

On May 3, 2004, at 3:18 AM, Eugene Lee wrote:

> It's a geometry setting that is standard among most X programs.
>
> 	xterm -geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT
>
> where WIDTH and HEIGHT are the number of characters, respectively.
>
> For more details:
>
> 	man 7 X

	Hey Eugene, thanks for the tip! Needless to say, it worked like a
charm. Now, I find my Terminal.app experience to be the best and
therefore I wish to mimic it whenever the use of xterm is inevitable,
and the only things left, I think, are the background and font colors.
In Terminal.app I have both of these set to black and green,
respectively, like in the old days... ;-) Is there any way I can preset
them in the /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc config file? I think I might want to
use different colors for clarity's sake, but knowing how to set them in
the first place is a major plus. Now, I know I spoke about the xterm
man page and that you pointed me to the X one, but pleeeaassseee....
they're long! Can I be indulged here with a new tip, pretty please??

	Hehe, thanks for your help so far! Regards,...

		Juan