Forwarding X11 and launching apps

Adrian Simmons adriman at ntlworld.com
Sun May 9 10:10:13 PDT 2004

Hello again,

I'm now looking for easier ways for my better half to launch X11
applications when using forwarded X11. I'm assuming the Applications
menu of Apple X11 is a non-starter - how would you tell it the path to a
application on a different machine when you have no disks mounted from
that machine?

bash alias, or just typing at the command line aren't too hard...

Does anyone have a favourite X11 application launcher? Perhpas something
like WindowMakers root menu?

And is there any way to make applications run when you ssh in and start
a forwarded X11 session?

Adrian