[X-Unix] Installing kismet using Fink

Alexandre Gauthier supernaut at underwares.org
Sun Oct 10 23:39:22 PDT 2004

I recently (okay that would be lying -- make that a few months ago)
tried to install kismet using Fink. Everything seems to go well except
for the viha-driver, which fails to install. I tried this on many
different machines which all responded with the same error messages...

xerxes:~ supernaut$ fink install kismet
/usr/bin/sudo /sw/bin/fink  install kismet
Reading package info...
Updating package index... done.
Information about 3939 packages read in 178 seconds.
The following package will be installed or updated:
 kismet
The following additional package will be installed:
 system-viha
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg -i
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/net/system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 50179 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking system-viha (from .../system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
ld: can't locate framework for: -framework WiFi
Cannot link against the WiFi framework.
Did you forget to install it?
Hint: read the full description of this package.
dpkg: error processing
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/net/system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb
(--install):
 subprocess pre-installation script returned error exit status 1
 /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/net/system-viha_0.0.1a-3_darwin-powerpc.deb
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package system-viha-0.0.1a-3
xerxes:~ supernaut$

It seems to be complaining against a missing framework, but the details
seems scarce. I am posting this in hope that someone better informed
could enlighten me on what package this aforementionned package would be
part of.

--
Alexandre Gauthier
supernaut at underwares.org

underwares.org
Obscure IT knowledge Open Database

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is overhead for the operating system.