[X-Unix] E-mail server

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Thu Apr 21 16:23:11 PDT 2005

On Apr 21, 2005, at 3:32 PM, Russell McGaha wrote:

> I've been charged with setting up a small [10-15 user] e-mail server
> at work; could anyone make any suggestions, or provide any links they
> think would be good reading, for such an undertaking?
>
> TIA
> Russell
>

> PS I'm Googling after I send this.

It's always a good idea to google FIRST.  FYI.

I would recommend FreeBSD with sendmail.  I've been using this
combination for over seven years with no problems at all.  All the
software is free of cost, and works for extremely large systems, or
extremely small systems.  Kinda up to what you want to do.  I'm willing
to help you support it in getting going as I'm a huge FreeBSD advocate,
buy you'd eventually be asked to learn it yourself.

HTH