[X-Unix] Rsync, mysqldump and cron job help needed - part3

Rad Craig rad at inductionconcepts.com
Tue Aug 30 23:20:16 PDT 2005

7.) What is the correct rsync command to do the initial download of
the directories I need, with the mysql dump?  Primarily, in my
webhost home directory, I will have these mysql dumps, and about 6-8
root level directories that I want to download, including their
entire directory trees.

7a.)  Is there some sort of config file I can built to tell it which
files and directories to grab or do I issue a separate rsync command
for each file or directory?

7b.)  How do I tell it to recurse subdirectories under those 6-8 root
level directories?

8.) What is the correct rsync command to do the incrementals each week?

9.)  Lastly, when I'm deleting the dumps, I would like to just use a
wildcard so I only have one delete command.  If I name the dumps
something like dbdump_dbname_date.sql, whats the best command format
to get rid of them?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get it all setup
correctly so that I can leave it alone and let it run.  I'm starting
to figure it out, if you'd just help me fill in some of the blanks.

Thanks for all your help.

Rad...