[X-Unix] installing gle

Alexandre Gauthier supernaut at underwares.org
Mon Dec 12 05:14:09 PST 2005

KL Tah wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to install gle-3.1.0 but get the following error in
> /configure:
>
> checking for glutSwapBuffers in -lglut... no
> configure: error: Cannot find required glut library
>

> I've just installed glut using fink:
>
> local$ fink list glut
>
>  i   glut             3.7-23       Opengl utility toolkit
>  i   glut-shlibs      3.7-23       Opengl utility toolkit
>

> Is there something else I need to tweak to get the system to recognize
> this?

I'm utterly sorry for being so vague, but I think it might involve a
./configure option. You might want to try running ./configure --help.

You're looking for something like --glut-prefix or something of the
like, that would allow you to point the build process to where your
library resides, in this case /sw/lib, since you installed it via Fink.

I hope this helps, or at least puts you on track. :)

--
Alexandre Gauthier
Network Analyst