[X-Unix] Apple dumping IBM, moving to Intel

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sat Jun 4 00:48:07 PDT 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 12:18:45AM CDT, Bert Knabe <bert.knabe at lubbockonline.com> wrote:
:
: On Jun 3, 2005, at 11:24 PM, Rad Craig wrote:
:
: >A friend just sent this to me, thought ti might interest those of
: >you who haven't heard about it yet:
: >http://news.com.com/Apple+to+ditch+IBM%2C+switch+to+Intel+chips/
: >2100-1006_3-5731398.html?part=rss&tag=5731398&subj=news
:
: If it turns out to be true I may not bother getting another Mac. Then
: again, being able to run Windows the way I run Classic could be nice
: - but then again, why. I was reading an article the other day about
: how many of the exploits on PC's are due, not to Windows, but to the
: Intel architecture. I doubt it's true, but if it is I'll have to do
: some serious thinking about my next computer.

Most of us Unix people would really appreciate everyone to
please stop cross-posting rumors that have no relevance to
the Unix side of OS X.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/