[X-Unix] Re: Apple dumping IBM, moving to Intel

Stephen Jonke sjj_public at mac.com
Mon Jun 6 12:07:46 PDT 2005

You won't be able to run OS X on a no-name PC. The only thing that is
changing is the processor that is inside the Mac.

The move to Intel is good news, especially for Powerbooks. Powerbooks
were set on a course to become so out-of-date as to be ridiculous.
The G4 is going no where, and IBM has not produced a G5, nor shown
any signs of being able to, that is suitable for a portable. What was
Apple to do?

Apparently Apple has compiled OS X for Intel since day 1. They've
always had the ability to move to Intel, and now they are doing so.

Steve

Stephen Jonke                                  sjj_public at mac.com