[X-Unix] How to find ip address of messenger messages?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Sat Jun 25 10:07:45 PDT 2005

Sometime in June Rad Craig assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Is there an app/utility/script/whatever to allow me to get the ip
| address of someone when they msg me via a messenger?  I use Adium,
| which is a multi-protocol/messenger client, so I can use it to talk
| to people on YIM, AIM, MSN, ICQ, etc.

In Adium goto Contacct-->Get Info,

Under the 'Info' tab there should be lots of information including the
ip address.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB