[X-Unix] Spotlight (was: from tcsh to bash)

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Tue May 24 05:01:58 PDT 2005

Dan Frakes wrote:

>John Baltutis <baltwo at san.rr.com> wrote:
>>  BTW, you continually state that "You can easily tell Spotlight to include
>>  /usr/bin in searches if you prefer such a configuration." Really? How? Not
>>  in the PrefPane and nowhere in Spotlight's Help.
>
>I provided the instructions last week:

By the way, thanks for that last week, Dan. I found it really useful,
esecially in combination with the use of the 'pipe' ( | ) and hyphen
and parentheses to really limit content searches.

I re-drew a search that I mentioned last week, from 62k plus
'results', to 83 results, down to three results, and am in different
zone now, on the Spotlight search business.

Thanks,

brian s