[X-Unix] Legal.localized (bug finally acknowledged by adobe!)

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Jan 8 04:05:17 PST 2006

On Sun, Jan 08, 2006 at 02:59:57AM CST, PoolMouse <poolmouse_nyc at mac.com> wrote:
:
: of course they're pointing the finger at apple:
:
: 	<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/332657.html>

Here's the main blurb of the cause:

> Background information
>
> Mac OS X causes illegal file names to be reported when it reads some
> of the font data used in the Vietnamese End User License Agreements,
> which are installed in the Legal or Legal.localized folders. This
> problem causes severe file system and hard disk corruption if the
> files are not deleted or if the file system is not repaired.

I can't imagine Apple coding something so badly that some random
Unicode font causes OS X to puke and corrupt the system volume.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/