[X-Unix] MySQL and PhpMyAdmin

Craig Hoffman choffman at eclimb.net
Fri Feb 29 07:42:57 PST 2008

Hi There,
I have a strange problem with MySQL and PhpMyAdmin.  I installed MySQL
(latest version -- package install), then installed PhpMyAdmin (latest
version) on a Macbook.   The install went fine and everything worked.
I logged in MySQL via PhpMyAdmin to change the root password.  I also
added the new root password to PhpMyAdmin config file.  Restarted
MySQL.  Now PhpMyAdmin is telling me "Access denied for user
"root" (using password: Yes).  I've checked several times the password
and its correct in both PhpMyAdmin and MySQL.  What's strange is I can
log into MySQL via command with the new root password  and it works
fine.

Any thoughts?
Craig Hoffman
iChat / AIM: m0untaind0g