[X-Unix] rsync help

Wing Wong wingedpower at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 08:37:15 PST 2008

Some thoughts:

1) Simplify your command options first:

rsync -arv /......./ /....../

See if that doesn't work.

2) Check that the destination and source volumes are similar
filesystems. While differing vol types(hfs/xfs/ext3/ntfs/fat32/etc)
have not posed copyinh problems, they have posed problems when trying
to sync up ownership/permissions. Ie, fat32 doesn't support ownership.

3) Test on a smaller subfolder first. You may be exceeding some limit,
or hitting a folder that is protected in some way?

4) Perhaps rsync directly to the remote system if it is a computer.

rsync -arv /......./ user at host:/......./

Good luck!

Wing