[X-Unix] compiling php

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue May 27 08:57:21 PDT 2008

On May 27, 2008, at 6:12 AM, Eric F Crist wrote:

> The module is ignored because you need to add it to the PHP
> Extensions config file. Add it there and I'm sure you'll be fine.

To elaborate from my earlier email, I found this is /private/etc/
php.ini.default, about 50% of the way down:

; If you wish to have an extension loaded automatically, use the
following
; syntax:
;
;   extension=modulename.extension
;
; For example, on Windows:
;
;   extension=msql.dll
;
; ... or under UNIX:
;
;   extension=msql.so
;
; Note that it should be the name of the module only; no directory
information
; needs to go here.  Specify the location of the extension with the
; extension_dir directive above.

That file, in it's entirety, is a good read for configuring PHP.
You'll need to make sure your module gets loaded in the correct
location, as well as adding the appropriate extension=foo line.

HTH

-----
Eric F Crist
Secure Computing Networks