[X-Unix] Converting eps to pdf from commandline

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Fri Sep 11 05:04:29 PDT 2009

On Sep 8, 2009, at 13:10:44, John Harrold wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm generating some eps files with latex and I need to convert these
> into
> pdf files. In the past I've used ps2pdf, but I've frequently had
> problems
> with bounding boxes (e.g., ps2pdf produces a pdf with a figure that
> occupies a small piece of the page). Fortunately, when I open the
> eps files
> from finder, it automatically converts it into a pdf that looks
> fine. So I
> would like to use the internal converters in os x to create my pdf
> output,
> but I'd like to do this from the command line.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this?

Within OS X, I don't know if you can do this solely with the command
line.  I would suggest running something through Automator to handle
this for you.  FWIW, Automator is the most under-utilized tool in the
box.  I often use this program to split and combine PDFs for client
presentations.

I hope this helps you.
---
Eric Crist