Not sure if this is off topic but ....

Stephen Lanza slanza at swcomplement.com
Thu Aug 5 13:19:58 PDT 2004

I have a WallStreet Powerbook running Mac OS X 10.2.8. This machine has one
annoying characteristic that manifests itself as follows:

When I turn the machine on, the screen stays dim and when the system is
finally up, I can get the screen to full brightness by clicking once on the
increase brightness button.

The screen will remain at full brightness until it goes to sleep. When that
happens the screen is at a brightness where the screen is dim again but I
can see (if I squint) the menu bar. I can then restart the machiine and go
through the scenario all over again.

Is there any way to make this thing work right again? Mess with preferences,
etc?

Thanks.

Stephen Lanza
Software Complement