[X4U] DVD Recording problems

verduron verduron at comcast.net
Fri Aug 6 11:37:04 PDT 2004

On Aug 6, 2004, at 2:17 PM, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:

> verduron,
> I suggest that you do some reading in Toast's online help docs. You
> are asking for help that is readily available on your own system.
> There you will see that video is for VIDEO. To play your DVD on your
> home DVD player, you need to comply with the media requirements of
> that DVD player. These should appear on the front of the unit, or at
> least somewhere in its manual.
> I think your best bet for audio files on a DVD to play in a home DVD
> player is to convert your audio files, AIFF, etc, to high quality
> mp3s.  iTunes-LAME is one such transcoder. Then you can burn a DVD as
> an mp3 disc in the audio pane.

Wayne,
Whenever I book a hotel room, I ask the concierge to make certain a
copy of the Toast Manual is put in the top drawer near the bedside
table. If what I asked had been in the manual I would have found it.
Actually I just did what I set out to do and it works. I have copied
the AIFF files in the Video Pane. I figured if one could insert a sound
track one could put an audio file. There is the menu and all the audio
files and I can play it on my DVD player on my surround sound system.
Fortunately because I am an amateur I always want to do things that
should not be done. In this case it worked. is there a down side to
what I did?