[X4U] Re: Help with MPEG-4 and iMac

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Fri Dec 10 08:57:33 PST 2004

On 12/09/04 at 9:30 PM, "B.ru c-e ? K1u-tch-k0"
<AppleRocket at NoSpamMail.net> transmitted the following electronic
message:

>On 12/9/04 12:32 AM, "Matthew Barr" <mbarr at mbarr.net> wrote:
>

>> Mplayer OS X is available at http://mplayerosx.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Matthew
>>
>Mplayer OS X plays the videos but the audio is very poor- it seems to
>be playing only half the audio.
>
>But the original problem was not being unable to play the video - VLC
>does this fine. The problem is how do I convert this video stream to a
>format that will play either in Quicktime or can be written to a VCD
>to play on my DVD player?

Check out ffmpegX. It's freeware, for the most part, and will do what
you want. You can find it at Version Tracker or at the author's Web page
<http://homepage.mac.com/major4>.

I have it converting a DivX avi in the background to DVD-compatible
MPEG-2 while I'm responding to your post.

--
Dennis R. Cohen
"The Xcode 2 Book" (May 2005)