[X4U] connecting to a windows file share?

Russell McGaha RussellMcGaha at direcway.com
Tue Dec 14 13:22:24 PST 2004

> Is the PC volume they are trying to access from the Mac on a server or
> are
> they trying to access the C drive of a particular machine? Are they
> using a
> Windows 2003 server? Pre Win 2003 servers are accessible from OSX but
> 2003
> or higher are not without specialized software.

Richard, et all;
	This is the third time I've tried to reply to this post.  My previous
two tries have not shown up in  the archives as yet, so I'm trying
again.
	They're trying to access a windows 2000 server serving multible
directories.  I think I just need to get the correct SMB syntax to
include the username and password in the url call; should it be in the
form of "smb://Serverename/Directoryname:username:password" ?

Russell