overburning DVDs

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon Jul 5 17:25:57 PDT 2004

Dragon Burn allows overburning but warns about possible problems with
disks that won't work and even damaged drives. Is overburning
relatively safe or not? What say the list? I'd like to hear what others
experiences have been.
The number of sectors short is quite small so not a lot of overburning
would be required--but I don't want to cook my burner, if you know what
I mean  <g>.

Also, are all DVDs created equal regarding number of sectors available
for writing?
TIA for all helpful responses.

Regards,

Wayne

Wayne Clodfelter  wayne at troutnc.com
"Well, if you wanta talk fishin', I guess that'll be OK" ...Lynyrd
Skynyrd in "Ask Me No Questions"
Visit our web page, TROUT, NC on the web, at www.troutnc.com