Setting Shell Defaults for root

Rick Gordon rick at rickgordon.com
Thu Jul 8 00:22:33 PDT 2004

I use tcsh as my default shell, and I have my /private/etc/csh.login file customized with numerous aliases, along with other tweaks.

These work when I am running a Terminal window as my user self, but if I either sudo or su root, the various command aliases do not function. This also true if I spawn a new shell within the original one (even a tcsh or csh shell).

Where can I store these commands where they will remain active when I sudo or su root (both of which I do frequently) or spawn a new shell (which I don't do as often)?

RICK GORDON
EMERALD VALLEY GRAPHICS AND CONSULTING