[X4U] Home Networking Questions ( Static IP verses DHCP)

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Thu Jul 8 09:12:18 PDT 2004

My Macs are networking fine with new static setup.

Now I can use the connect to server panel and add my ip's and they work fine
for the macs.

*  however the IP I assigned to my Windows 2000 does not work. I also tried
adding the server address of the computer name - but that did not work
either... But it  does show what using the network Finder window. Also, it
is part of a workgroup ... Maybe that affects it somehow?

Q:  how can I get my Windows 2000 computer to show up using the connect to
server window panel?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com