Dead spot in GUI on TiBook

Phillip Zannini • phillip at globalsync.net
Sat Jul 10 15:05:52 PDT 2004

Hello all,

Well, I¹ll be horn-swaggled as they say.  (Well, I¹m sure someone some where
must say it).

I¹ve got a 15 inch TiBook, 1GHz, maxed memory and cache.  It¹s been running
just swell since I got it in 12/02.  Now I've got a really freaky thing
going on.

It seems like I have a dead spot in the interface/gui somehow.  It starts
about an inch up, 3/4 inch from the left side of the screen and it is about
2 inches wide and 1 1/2 inches high.

In that spot I can do nothing.  Can't click on anything in it, can't start
click and drag to make a selection.  I can start a selection of object
outside of the area - but can't click on anything selected in it.

Everything else seems to be working just fine.  The only four things I
changed in the past 24 hours were:

1. going back to the standard color interface from graphite (been that way
since I had installed Panther last year)
2. Installed Snapz Pro X 2.0.1 (I've tested this with it off as well - still
happens)
3. Installed Camino (can't see how that would bother anything)
4. Installed OnyX.

Now - in OnyX there is an option to change what happens when you use Expose'
that lets you minimize the desktop (a small icon - right where the problem
area is!!!) instead of having all the windows slide off the screen (the
normal process).

ANSWER
Hey - just letting you know as I go :-)

I just turned off the minimize feature and the dead spot disappears.  So -
there's a "but" for you if you're using OnyX.  I had just gotten it to turn
on the Safari Debug Menu and thought I'd try the other feature.

Have a great day all!

Best regards,
Phillip

1ghz G4 TiBook, 1 gig memory, SuperDrive, Panther (10.3)
e-mail: phillip at globalsync.net
AIM, iChat:  PalmMagnate, MSN: PalmMagnate at hotmail.com