De-fragmentation (revisited)

Wilson Ng wilsonng at mail.com
Thu Jul 1 22:44:26 PDT 2004

Norton Utilities for OS X has been discontinued. You might try using
TechTools Pro for disk defragmentation features.

What I would normally do is do all of my audio/video work on a separate
external hard drive.

My boot drive contains my apps, system folder, etc. The external drive is my
"work-in-progress" drive. I usually save to my external hard drive when I'm
in iMovie or another A/V program.

On 7/2/04 2:55 PM, the Defendant "Mac OS X for Users"
<x4u at lists.themacintoshguy.com> said:

> From: verduron <verduron at comcast.net>
> Subject: De-fragmentation (revisited)
> Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 16:27:36 -0400
>
> I am in the process of recording my old audio cassettes on my computer.
> I was told that  my G3 Blue and White | Mac OS 10.3.4 hard drive should
> be de-fragmented to assure better results in audio recording.
> If yes, shall I use Norton?
> Any idea on the subject? Thanks

:-)  Wilson - Guam, U.S.A.

- - - P L E A S E   C U T   A L O N G   D O T T E D   L I N E - - -
You can bend my ear
We can talk all day
Just make sure I'm around
When you've finally got something to say.  -- TOAD THE WET SPROCKET