[X4U] Printer Sharing problems

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Fri Jul 16 07:48:35 PDT 2004

Joe, I sent a reply to the list but it never seemed to be posted.

Try turning off printer sharing on the printer that does not have the
printer attached. You may need to quit the printer setup utility and
restart it. I think your printer will show up then. That is the way it
works on my systems. I am at 10.3.4 though.

HTH

Jens

On Jul 13, 2004, at 1:24 PM, Joe Grande wrote:

> Hi, I'm pulling my hair out on this one and any input would be
> appreciated. Have an iMac 400DV and a G4 Quicksilver networked through
> a D-Link Router. iMac running 10.3.3 and QSilver running 10.3.2. Dial
> up connection to the internet. Both computers show up fine on the
> network.  Epson C84 printer connected to the iMac. I can not get the
> Epson to show up in Printer Setup Utility on the QSilver as a shared
> printer. I have repaired permissions on both computers, downloaded and
> installed the C84 driver from Epson's website on the QS although I
> know that it was already installed. And of course have personal and
> printer sharing enabled on both computers. Any ideas on how I can make
> the QS see the Epson ? Maybe something stupid that i overlooked ?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Joe

> <x4u-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <x4u-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> TiCase   | Checkout the coolest way to carry your TiBook! Dr. Bott  |
> <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ticase.html>

> http://www.osxfaq.com

Jens Selvig
...lost in Montana...