[X4U] "Actual Size" in Adobe Creative Suite

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Jul 17 19:19:20 PDT 2004

On Jul 18, 2004, at 1:18 am, Nick Scalise wrote:

> On Saturday, July 17, 2004, at 07:12  PM, Stroller wrote:
>
>> In Adobe Creative Suite, I have my artwork set to "View" at "Actual
>> Size". When I measure it on the screen with a ruler, I find that it's
>> about 75% of actual size. Is there a way to tell either my Mac or
>> Adobe what size my monitor is, so that it'll actually damn display
>> correctly..?
>>
>> I could, of course, fiddle with View at 125%, 128%, 132% or whatever
>> until I get it right, but that's annoying - I really shouldn't have
>> to do that.
>
> I believe actual size is at 72dpi. Set your monitor to 72ppi. If you
> have a 17, that's usually 1024x768, etc.

That's annoying. I have a pair of old but very serviceable 20" CRTs
from SGI, rebadged Sonys, in fact. They run at 1600 x 1200, a
resolution which is very comfortable for everything else that I do. I
can not see myself reducing the resolution of everything else I do to
fit in with the little illustration I blunder with.

Stroller.