[X4U] What brand SATA Drive?

Mark Phillips mark at mophilly.com
Sun Jul 18 11:12:58 PDT 2004

On Jul 9, 2004, at 2:54 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> The 160GB drive in my G5 2x2 is feeling more than a little cramped
> (well actually it has been since I got the system over 6 months ago).
> I'm thinking about adding a 250GB Drive to the system and am wondering
> which of the drives are the most reliable and coolest running.

I am a bit late on this but just in case you are still considering the
purchase...

I buy Seagate Barracuda SATA drives for the systems I build because
they are quiet, fast enough at 7200 rpm, and competitive in price. They
are also readily available in my area. I have not had one fail yet.

I haven't put one in a Mac product and as far as I know the largest
capacity, for an SATA unit from Seagate, is 200GB.

Mark Phillips
Mophilly & Associates
On the web at http://www.mophilly.com
On the phone at 619 444-9210