[X4U] Audio recording [Esoteric problem]

John R McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Sat Jul 3 08:21:23 PDT 2004

On Jul 2, 2004, at 3:28 PM, verduron wrote:

> On my G3, having a small processor, it is better to disconnect the
> Ethernet connection while audio recording in order NOT to get the
> distortion I suddenly got in the recording.

Ethernet connection causing distortion in an audio recording?  --odd.

Troubleshooting requires lots of information. If you want to pursue
this, please provide plenty of information, such as:

--CPU model/speed
--Operating system and version
--amount of ram
--type of ethernet connection (DHCP?)
--software used for audio recording (and version #)

--are you recording to an internal system drive or external drive?
--SCSI, firewire, USB drive; if external
--what kind of distortion? -pops & clicks; dropouts; intermittant;
extreme peaks at full scale

help us help you, by giving us some information.

j mcd

---
John McDaniel      johnmcd at one.net
---