[X4U] Safari and eBay signin

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Thu Nov 11 11:04:30 PST 2004

> Somewhere along the path of OS (and Safari) upgrades (10.2-10.3.5),
> Safari has lost the ability to "keep me signed in" to eBay. Every time
> I try to go to "My eBay" I have to enter my user ID and password, even
> if I've told it to keep me signed in. I even have to re-signin if I
> press refresh after the browser has been idle for about 20 minutes. Any
> ideas why it's now like this? As far as I remember I haven't changed
> any of my Safari settings.

Something about the way eBay works changed in the last few months, as I
don't stay signed in under Mozilla on Linux or Safari on Mac OS X anymore
this happened at the same time.  I did finally break down and check the
"keep me signed in" box, and that lets me set watches on auctions and stuff,
but as I learned Sunday, it doesn't let me bid without signing in again :^(
All in all, I don't think your problem is Safari so much as it is eBay.

		Zane