[X4U] Mac OS X 10.3 as NFS Server

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Nov 13 15:06:10 PST 2004

I figured I'd post on this in the hopes it might help someone.

I've just spent the last 2-3 hours fighting getting NFS working
correctly on my Mac.  I needed to export a directory or two to my SGI
O2.  First let me say that the *only* way to fight with NFS on a Mac
is to download "NFS Manager".  Second, I typically have spaces in the
HD names on my Mac (i.e. "Data HD"), this doesn't seem to work to
well with NFS, it caused wierd problems under IRIX, and might have
been the source of some of my issues on the Mac side as well.  Once I
started using "NFS Manager" and changed "Data HD" to "Data_HD"
everything works just fine :^)

		Zane