[X4U] Formatting a firewire drive in os9.2.2

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Nov 16 22:09:36 PST 2004

I don't believe Drive Setup supports removable drives (incl Firewire),
only SCSI and IDE.

The Silverlining utility by LaCie will format external drives, if you have
it of course. I'm not sure if it is available on the web... had a look but
couldn't find it. There are other formatting utilities but they are
usually commercial-ware.

So, is the "Erase Disk" function under the Special menu not enough?

Cheers,

Coj

revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com>

Formatting a firewire drive in os9.2.2

When I try to format a firewire drive in 9.2.2 drive setup v 2.1 it says
all my firewire drives: "unsupported - can not format"...

Years ago I was told the best apple formatting software was the simple
drive
setup...

So now how can I format a firewire drive in 9.2.2???

BTW: for varied reasons - I don't want to format in OSX...

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]