[X4U] Re: Can't trash it !

invicta invicta at xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 19 05:17:47 PST 2004

On 18 nov 2004, at 23:36, x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:41:28 +0100
> From: Xavier Noria <fxn at hashref.com>
>> A few days ago an icon appeared on my hard disk which I cannot thrash.
>> Have tried to open it with BBedit light. It opens but is empty.
>> Changed the name, used Thrash  It ! but it keeps coming back. It is
>> called BundleDebug.txt. Have reinstalled the OS 10.3.6 combo over the
>> existing one, no change. As it is rather irritating I,m asking for a
>> solution to kill it once and for all.
>
> Do you have a scanner by any chance? Does that ring any bell anyway?
>
> -- fxn

Xavier, what a memory ! I have indeed a Canon flatbed scanner which
after long storage I used two weeks ago. Did not connect my icon  trash
problem with my incidental scanner usage. Have deleted the old driver
and installed the new one which I found in the article you pointed out
and all is fine. Deleted the obnoxious icon and now it has definitely
disappeared.

Many thanks for your help.

Greetings, Andre.