[X4U] Re: Re-partitioning

Michael J. Prevost mprevost at dot4.com
Wed Oct 13 11:38:27 PDT 2004

Richard Gilmore wrote:
>The problem is scanning with Photoshop and an Epson scanner in OS9
>it uses the free hard drive space as a cache for the scanned image before it
>brings it into Photoshop. Because I have so little free space on that
>partition it won't let me scan very large images. There's about 25 M free on
>the OS9 part. I have all the OS9 apps on the OSX partition and everything
>else. I've absolutely moved everything out that could be moved. I've tried
>and there is no way to make the Epson scanner use the free space on the OSX
>partition as a cache.

Richard,

Can you find the folder where the cache files are being stored by the
Epson twain plugin? If so, have you tried to move the folder to your
OSX partition and simple create an alias to the cache folder in the
original spot?

The scanning software will see the folder in the place where it's
expecting to see it, yet the data will be directed to the larger
partition.

Sorry if you've already tried this.

Mike

--