[X4U] phono to CD

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Oct 26 16:37:41 PDT 2004

Spin Doctor is something bundled with Toast 5 and 6 and it's supposed to
take out some of the dust and scratches pops and hissing when recording
vinyl to digital. I've never used it however. I have recorded from the VCR
to my Beige G3's mic input via an RCA to 1/8" stereo cable and it worked
just fine. I recorded using SoundEdit 16 and eventually burned the result to
a CD. But don't trash your vinyl no matter how good a recording you make
it'll never sound as good as from a turntable.