[X4U] multifunction printers

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 21:25:18 PDT 2004

Sandra,

I've been using a Brother MFC-3200c for about a month and a half.  I've
seen them on sale (rebates) for around $50.00 recently.  If you're
interested in multi-page scanning, this is great, although the color
bitdepth scanning isn't great.  I'm mainly using it for black and white
high speed scans of documents for archival.  It's a sheetfed scanner,
so I can scan 30 or so pages in under 2 minutes.

Printing is good, however I've read the reviews for the machine at
Amazon.com, and complaints have been made about failures after a while

Michael